Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sho Fly Cake

Everyone knows how the PA Dutch and Amish make the famous Sho Fly Pie, well did you ever here of a Sho Fly Cake.  I got this recipe from my aunt years ago.  It is a cake but is very, very moist and easy to make.  It does not have the goo like a pie.

SHO FLY CAKE     - THE PA DUTCH WAY

4       cups  Flour
1       box  Brown Sugar
1/2    cup  melted Butter

Mix all three together until crumbly.  Put one cup in small bowl for top.  To the rest add:

1      cup Molasses  (Table syrup type molasses)
2      tsp.  Baking Soda
2      cups  Hot Water

Mix all throughly, batter will be thin.  Pour into greased pan and sprinkle the crumbs on top.  Bake at 350 degrees for aprox. 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

This cake is easy to make, great to teach a child and a great last minute desert to make.   Best part is you don't have to icing it.  My husband likes this cake better than the real Sho Fly Pie.  (Course he is Italian, not Dutch)

Try it, you will like and please comment to let me know what you think.  Thanks everyone.

As far as the Kaleidoscope Quilt.  I am putting all the blocks together and squaring them off.  After they are all squared, I will put them on the design wall to organize them to where I want them on the quilt.  When I get them all sewn together  I will post a picture for all to see.

Till then,   Happy Sewing,   Jane


Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: