Thursday, March 1, 2012

My Flower Scrappy Quilt

Look close, you may have seen a quilt very similar to this one but it's  NOT the exact same.  I had to make it mine different.  (I like to add my own touch to all my quilts.) 

When I first seen this on the cover of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine, I thought it was so neat.  I dug and dug into my scraps to find just the right fabrics that would go together.




Then I re-drew the quilt on graft paper shrinking the blocks down to 4 inch QST and changing the center and corner blocks.

I then proceeded to make my flower appliques.  I put my two sides on and placed the flowers where I wanted them and machine appliqued them in place with monofilament thread.




I made all my blocks and carefully sewed all together matching all points and trying not to get 2 the same prints together.




I machine quilted in an all over pattern.  For the binding, I cut 10 inch strips from each of my fabrics that I used.  I hand sewn them on with the blanket stitch.  My total size is 55" X 55"





Anyone interested in this quilt, it will be posted on my site for sale.  Thanks for looking...

HAPPY QUILTING....HAVE A GREAT DAY

Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

2 comments:

Ellen said...

That is very cool! Lots of interesting patterns to explore while you're admiring it and probably fun to make too, since its not all the same. I love it!

Quilttemplatesandmore said...

Very pretty quilt, love the colors and the mixture of different patterns. It's very appealing to the eye.