Friday, July 15, 2011

Hibiscus

I have completed the Hibiscus project and wanted to share with all.  It was an easy decision with the pictures that I have taken.  I decided to keep it just the way it was, in the pot in the front of my porch.

I drew my picture, added 2 ducks, 2 butterflys and a Humminbird.  Then decided how big to make it and made my patterns.  For the Hibiscus flowers, I made a few different patterns, we all know that flowers do not grown the same.  Then cut my material, machine appliqued onto blue and green background.  I cut my boarders, add then to the quilt applique panel and then machine quilted it.  I just quilted around the appliques then in the ditch around the brown boarder.  In the larger boarder I did a simple rope design.  I added the binding and  WALAH!......It is completed.



                                   


The finished size is:   24 1/2"  X  22 1/2"

Anyone interested in the wall hanging please go to the store on my site and it will be in the "Quilts for Sale".  If you would like the pattern, let me know and I will e-mail it to you.  Hope everyone has a Great Day.

A day sewing is like a day without sunshine.


Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: