Thursday, June 21, 2012

Not Just Another Bag

That is right....This is not just another bag.  This is a perfect Purple bag that I had made our Beautiful Niece.

Oh, yeah, I made another bag.  This one was made specially for our niece.  Her favorite color is Purple, so I got out all my purple fabric and tried to figure out how I was going to make it.



It always takes time to pick out the fabric.  I think it is part of the fun in making things.  Got to find the perfect matches.  

I made my straps first.  Cut them 4 inches wide and made them as long as my fabric I choose allowed.  Folded them in half, added batting, sewed wrong sides together, then turned them inside out.




I sewed the straps to the front and back panels, then carefully quilted both front and backs.  (I quilted a grid pattern)



Next, I made my pocket on the outside before adding the lining.  I decided to put a heart on the pocket and a button.  When finished I added a small Velcro closure.




I sewed the front to the back then made my lining.  Oh, and I put 3 different size pockets on the inside.  

Last but not least  -  I added a binding around the top for neatness and durability.



Total finished size is:   12" X 16" X 4" .  AND  I am happy to say that our niece likes her bag.

Heading back to my room........

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE


Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: