Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa's Village in TN


Santa's Village, at the University of TN in the town of Martin.  It was BEAUTIFUL this year.  It was held in their Agricultural Building where the lower lever was decorated with many   (I bet at least 100 or more) were lighted and had trails to look like an Enchanted Forest.  




(The pictures do not give it justice)
With Snowmen, Polar Bears, Penguins, Lighted Candy Canes, just to mention a few of decorations on the trails.  Then one huge tree decorated in red, green, and blue lights.



Just like in the "Christmas Story" a slide with Santa was on top.  The children would sit on his lap and then slide to the bottom after telling him all that they wanted for Christmas.  Well, that didn't last long, they put him at the bottom for the smaller children that could not go on the large slide.  Plus, the kids kept thinking of more things to tell him to keep going down the slide.  By Saturday, that line to see Santa was so long, it is a good thing they put him down on the bottom. 

They also had a few other rides on the left side of the slide and on the right was a very large train platform all decked out.

Oh, speaking of Santa, you heard of the "Changing of the Guard"?  I seen the "Changing of the Santa".  One dead giveaway was 50 pounds difference. 




They also had a petting zoo inside on the back end of the arena.  There was a Camel, a mother Goat with babies, a Porcupine, Kangaroo, Ducks, Geese, Peacock, etc. Oh the little ones had fun petting and feeding them all.

Now on the other end of the Enchanted forest was a large stage set up will spotlights, and beautiful decorations.  There we had different performers every half hour or so, playing and singing Christmas songs.
(I think I heard every Christmas song ever written)



Now on the upper level were all the local venders that were set up.  Anything from log deer to candles, to City Barbecue   Oh, and my quilts.  There were a total of 54 venders including myself.  Each only had a small space of 6' X 15'.  Not much room to show all my things that I had made.  It was like cramming a 10 lb. bag of potatoes into a 5 lb. bag.


I had two tables, one I put my Placemats, Toppers, Baby quilts, etc.  I did have some wall space.  My husband hung some lattace so I could hang my Christmas quilt, Wall Hangings, Stockings, Aprons, etc. Then on the other table I put all my small items, Pincushions, Scissor holders, Wallets, Patterns, etc.  I also had 2 photo albums so they could look through and see all the rest of my items that I could not set out.


All in All it turned out to be a great weekend.  As everyone else, I wish I would have sold everything.  But I sure had a lot of fun.  Met a lot of people and made new friends and of course, got lots of ideas for next year.

Hope everyone is enjoying the Season like I am.   Next, got to get my cards out.

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE

To get special designed quilts or to see my gallery, check out my site at: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: