Friday, January 6, 2012

Keeping Warm

Winter is upon us and the nights are very cold (depending where you live). I have made two special flannel quilts, one for my mother-in-law and the other for my sister-in-law.






I started making these two quilts the beginning of December and got them finished a week before Christmas.  I made them both with similar colors but used simple blocks to make different patterns.  The flannel is a very soft cotton flannel with warm colors.






I used a thicker cotton batting, one that can be washed and washed and will not distort.  Then I put a soft Fleece backing on them for extra warmth.  They are heavy, and very warm.  Because of the thickness, I tied them every other block.





They both love their quilts and will be warm this winter and more winters to come.

What did you make lately?

HAPPY QUILTING.........Have a Great Day!!






Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: