Thursday, January 12, 2012

All in Fun, Coffee and Teals

The Holidays are over and everyone is back in their routine.  For me, January is a so called “Clean-up” month.  I am trying to finish all my projects that I started last year.  This was the last one, I am  now caught up.





I made this top before the Holidays but never got it quilted.  It is made of Coffee and Teal colored fabric.






My husband and I went back to PA to visit family for a week over Thanksgiving.  While there I was able to purchase a lot of fabric and had gotten many ideas for Christmas presents and decorations.






After I got all the little projects done, I was able to get back to this quilt.  It was made of 2 different blocks, that I alternated diagonally. I used a total of 25 - 6 inch blocks.





            See my inspector??

Then I made a diagonal stepping stone block for the sides to fill in and make is square.  I used a total of 12, three on each side.  I also used scraps for the corners.




It is now complete, YEAH!  I machine quilted an all over stipple pattern then hand sewn the binding on.  Total size is 46 ½” X 46 ½”






I am now all caught up ready to start new projects for the year.  What I should do is organize my room………..Nah……..I would rather quilt.  It would not stay anyway.

HAPPY QUILTING     -     HAVE A GREAT DAY




Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: