Wednesday, March 4, 2015

A Week of Dreaming

We had some really cold weather these last 2 weeks.  For down here in Tennessee, it has been near record breaking a few nights.  I am not complaining though, I seen what the north east has been getting.  All that snow, Wow!

Just before the cold really came, I got my American Patchwork Magazine.   In there I found an easy design by April Rosenthal.   So last week I decided to dream of Summer and make her quilt.  I dug into mt stach...



Then I found some fat quarters that I had of blues, yellows and a few browns.

The blocks were easy to make, they went like this.....


These plus 4 squares...


Sew them two together...


Then sew 2 of these together....


Wal La..your block!
Then sew them in their proper order.
To find this pattern, go to:
 April's issue (2015) of 
American Patchwork Quilting Magazine.


65" X 65"

I am happy with it.  I was hoping to take a few pictures outside with it but unfortunately it rained all day yesterday and is still raining today.  (Hey, it could be worse right?)

Time now to feed the birds.  I feed them year round for I love watching them.   
Then it's off to my room.  I just seen some cuties in the trees and want to capture them in a quilt for the next hop.  

Don't forget to mark your calendars.
March 13th, "Bird Tree" hop
Hope you all join me.

Till then...

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!!!










No comments: