Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Paducah Quilt Show and Winner Announced

The last two weeks sure have been busy.  I was in 2 different hops.  One was "Critters and Bugs".  How much fun was that!  All the Critters, bugs, Spring things, sooooo cool.  All were done with EQ 7.  I must confess, I love using  EQ , I have quite a few of their DVD's, in fact, I get lost sometimes.  I end up playing with that program and not enough time sewing. But with this hop, I have learned so much more.  I saved quite a few for future reference.  Thank you Sooo much Bea Lee for all your hard work. 

Then I was in "Shake your Pom Pom's" Blog hop.  Oh, another great hop.  I never realized there were sooooo many types of Pom Pom's.  I seen them all colors, shapes, sizes, styles, material, etc.  It was GREAT!  A great big thank you goes out to Pig Tales and Quilts and Madame Samm for all their hard work and for a job WELL DONE.

Well, at the same time....Paducah, KY was having their BIG Quilt Show last week.  (4 days long)


I was told there were over 800 Venders, numerous prizes, Quilts upon Quilts, and classes being held  everywhere.  It was soooooo much fun.  I tried to peep it all out but believe me, it wasn't easy.  My eyes were so tired by the end of the day.  


They even had special events going on in the National Quilt Museum.



I must confess that I didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked to.  (Well, I just didn't have time.   LOL)

Downtown, ALL the local businesses catered to the Quilters,  They had burgers named after blocks, Drinks, etc.  Quilts were hung in their store windows, some new, some old.  All BEAUTIFUL!  Venders came from all over and some even rented empty buildings and factory's for the week.  Oh, I tried to go into them all.....It was not easy.....But I sure had fun trying.  


Fabric....I got lots....in fact, my wonderful husband is hanging 2 more shelves for me today in my room so I can organize it all neatly.  

This week, I am sorting out all the new fabric that I purchased, finished the quilt top that I started.  It is now ready to quilt.  And cut out another to start sewing together.  Whew!  Can't wait to do it again!!

Hay, next hop coming up, It is going to be another great one and I am ready.

"It's for the Birds"  

So, mark your calendar, it starts May 7th you will not want to miss this. Then go to Madame Samm and get the full schedule.

But now.........I am going to Random.com and pick a winner for my EQ  Design DVD. To make it fair, I took the comments from my "Critters and Bugs" first in order as they were written.  Then put the comments to the second hop, "Shake your Pom Pom's" next, in order.  First, I want to thank everyone for their lovely comments.  I appreciated each and every one of them.  You all sure did cheer for me and I thank you!  NOW without further ado,  lets see who the lucky winner is.................. 


CARLA 

  CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I will be contacting you by e-mail to verify your winning.

So, Till next time..........

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!!


To get special designed quilts or to see my gallery, check out my site at: http://janesquilting.com

1 comment:

carla said...

Hi!!! Thank You for the wonderful give away!!!! I know I will have so much fun with it!!!!