Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Civil War Quilt-A-Long

I finished my quilt for the Civil War Quilt-a-long.   What a lot of fun this one was to make.  It consists of twenty 4 1/2" squares with a 2 1/4 inch sashing.

After my blocks were made, I made my strips of sashing.  I liked the deep pink reproduction fabric.  It seemed to set all of the blocks off.    




I added a piece to each block, then sewed them together and laid them all out onto the table.  When I liked the placement, I started sewing them together.


  


Then came the sashing for in between the rows.



They were small, and so neat to work with.




I also added a brown printed boarder.  Then machine quilted in an all over stipple stitch.  Put my binding on and WAH LAH!!   My Civil War quilt is now completed.  




Total size:    37" X 43"

I am now collecting blocks from all the other quilters in our quilt-a-long.  Can't wait to see what all I will get, it is like Christmas opening up the envelopes in the mail.  When I get them all, I am making another quilt.  What fun!!

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE.............






Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

2 comments:

Hilachas said...

Your quilt is gorgeous. So pretty. What a wonderful job you did!

beaquilter said...

great quilt! can't see how you quilted it...