Monday, November 3, 2014

November already? plus, Winner announced

I can't believe that it is November already.  The leaves on our trees are only starting to turn that pretty orange, yellow, red, and rust colors.  Most are still green but our nights are getting colder so it is just a matter of time.


I hate seeing  my flowers die but on the other hand, it is nice to get into the cooler weather.  It was a hot summer.

On another note, I am really happy with myself.  Last week a good frind of mine taught me how she does her paper piecing.  She does it kinda different then I was showed originally.   I practiced a couple sample blocks, then finished what I was doing.  I got out my new fabric and started on my first paper pieced quilt.    The blocks will take time to make, just learning.  But I am having fun with it.  (Guess that is all that matters).

One of my blocks:


I am using Christmas fabrics and hope to have it finished before Thanksgiving so we can enjoy it this year.  (I will show it when it is finished.  I just have so many other items to make for Christmas)

For now I want to announce the winner to my giveaway I had during the Black Cat Crossing"  hop.  

The pattern "Grace", she is 18 inches tall.



The Winner is: 

MARY


Congratulations!!!

I will be contacting you shortly to verify your winning.

Till next time.....

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE! ! ! 

1 comment:

Sparky said...

but you know i was not ready ..but I am now....nice thoughts...