Sunday, October 19, 2014

Are You Ready??

Are you ready???   I hope so, cause you will now want to miss it.  The "Black Cat Crossing" hop starts on Monday!


I have been working on mine, diligently and finished it today.  Ah, but you have to wait till it is my turn to see it.  

Today, I would like to share one of our favorite fall deserts.  (I must say one, cause we got many.)   

       Apple Cake

First peel, core, and dice 5 medium apples.  Set aside.

  

Next mix together in a large bowl:
   
    2   Cups Sugar
    2   Cups Flour
    1 tsp.  Baking Powder
    1  tsp. Baking Soda
    1  tsp.  Cinnamon
    Pinch of salt
    2   Eggs
    1 1/2   Sticks butter  (3/4 cup)
    1   Cup nuts. (We prefer pecans)
    1   Cup milk


Add the apples and pour mixture into a greased cake pan.  Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean.


Serve warm with ice cream or enjoy with your favorite cup of coffee.


Oh, I know what I am having when I visit all the wonderful creations.   I will not miss a one and I hope you join me.

Remember, it starts tomorrow, Monday the 20th......



MONDAY'S Schedule:


For the full schedule go to:
Or

I must say, I always enjoyed Halloween, and I love cats.....So, I can't wait to see...


Till then,

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE! ! ! 














1 comment:

Createology said...

Apple Cake sounds delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I am ready for the Black Cat Hop. Funny old vs new witch potions. I definitely fit the Old Brew! Cackling Cats...