Thursday, August 28, 2014

Quilt Guild, Weakly Co. TN

This month our Quilt Guild had a table turning by one of our members,  Marguerite Branch.  Her quilts were beautify done and I wanted to share them with everyone.  


 (Marguerite is on the left)


She did ALL of her appliqué by hand.


Most of her quilts she quilted by hand also.  Her stitches were all perfect.  She was telling us that she insisted on 10 stitches per inch, or she would rip them out and start over.




These Hummingbirds were adorable.  She said she never bought a pattern.  Just drew her own.






She also told us that most all the quilts she made were at least queen size.



(I hope you can see the details in these quilts.)  This is a Scrappy  Cathedral Window.

After the table turning, we had show n' tell.  Here are a few.



Next hop is coming fast....
"See you in September"
Starts September 3rd.


Hope to see you there.  
I don't know about you, but it was nice having the summer off....although I missed the hops too.

Till then.....

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE! !!







2 comments:

Gmama Jane said...

I AM SPEECHLESS OVER THOSE QUILTS!!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE YOU'VE NOT HAD MORE COMMENTS. I GUESS THEY MISSED IT LIKE I DID BEFORE THE HOP. Jane, this lady is stunning in her stitching, design, Everything!!! She should have her own show!! I still can't believe how beautiful they are. Does she have a large quilt frame? I'm interested in all the details about HOW she does such beautiful work. Make a post just for me...LOL!! Please tell her a lady in Alabama is over the moon OVER her Quilts!!! Now to see your Blog Hop creations. I got side tracked by this post.
Gmama Jane

Stitches said...

Wow, I can't believe those quilts, so many and so beautiful too!!