Saturday, February 22, 2014

What are you up to??

Ahhh, does the Dreary Winter Blues got you down?  Don't let the cold weather get you...find warmth in your room sewing and getting all those UFO's finished.

                                 I just want to go and hide.


Last year our Quilt Guild here in Martin, TN, had done a "Block of the Month" together.  Oh, what fun we had.  January we were given an example of what the quilt could look like.  The blocks were given either one or two a month.  The center one was first.  We also were given the pattern to make a 12 inch block.  Now, we could do whatever we wanted with the blocks, make them any size, add any extras, change boarders, etc.

Well, I got my blocks finished along with everyone else, each month.  But come November we got our last blocks to do.  Since the holidays were approaching and everyone was busy with family, etc.  I just got overwhelmed this year with the Holidays.  I was making all kinds of things and they just got left go.

I got them out the other day and put a boarder on to look like ribbon, with a block in each corner.  I also shrank my blocks to half the size.  Mine are only 6 inches instead of 12.



Close up of corner, I did an all over Curly pattern with Butterflies:



Here is one that is sewn together but not quilted. Made by one of our ladies in my Quilt Guild:



And a finished one from another lady:


What fun a block of the month can be.  We laughed and shared our fun and problems with each block.  

Speaking of fun....
And something that will definitely help you with the Winter Blues
Come join us in the "Think RUFFLES" Hop.


Starts March 5th...So mark your calender..
are working hard on this one, and you can find the full schedule there.
So, come Ruffle your feathers...here is the first day's schedule:

March 5th 







Until then.....

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!

To get special designed quilts or to see my gallery, check out my site at: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: