Friday, June 21, 2013

Ready for the Beach???

Summer is finally here and vacations are on their way.  One of my favorite places to go was on the lake.  (I am definitely a water bug, love the water)  When our son was young we had an open-bow boat called "Sorry Charlie".  Then we traded it in for an 8 cylinder closed bow.  Named this one "Lady Jane"





This one we stored in a friends yard near Raystown lake in PA.  Oh, every Friday night when we got home from work....we headed for the boat for a weekend on the water.  My husband and I slept on the boat and the kids in tents on land.  Then we would tow them all over that lake, on ski's or the tube.

BUT, when our vacation came......We headed to the beach, Chincoteague Island, VA.    My husband would tow the boat down along with us.  We would fish, swim, etc.  So much fun, made lots of memories.

That seems so long ago.  We since, sold the boat and moved to TN.  But the memories are close to us!

Well, I was given this cute pattern:




Bountiful Beauties designed by Amy Bradley.  Oh what fun it was to make.  I just love digging into my stash bin and hunting for just the right pieces.




Then taking my time to put them just where I want them.  I then appliqued them by machine using my manofillment thread.  When all was done, I did some embrodering for the faces, etc.




Then I quilted it.  I made circles and lines in the sky to represent a sun shining.  Then the bottom half I did ripples.  I wanted it to resemble sand.  

When I was finished, I added glitter paint to two of the sunglasses, and a red button in the one's hat.




I also added reddish buttons on the flip flops, and little pearls on the shoes of another.




It was a lot of fun to make and it was nice to change things up a little.  I am always doing piece quilts and every now and then I like to have fun.   Total size is:  26" X 26 1/2"  (as usual, I customized the pattern to me)



Hay, I also want to remind everyone of the next hop, starts June 26th.  

I sure hope to see you all there. 

 I am making something special for this one.  Talk about thinking out of the box...........I need to find mine,  LOL    

Till then,

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!



To get special designed quilts or to see my gallery, check out my site at: http://janesquilting.com

1 comment:

Sheila said...

"Bountiful Beauties" is too cute! Love the way you quilted it. Have a great weekend.