Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Christmas Card Holder

I have been working on a lot of different Christmas projects lately.  Yesterday I made a Christmas Card Holder.  I had made one last year and it not only holds all your cards but looks good too.  Plus, you can hang it almost anywhere.





This is so easy to make and you get to use up all your scrap Christmas material.  But I can almost guarantee you that anyone who sees it will like it and want one too.  I started with these Christmas prints:



Then made a total of 8 Log Cabin Blocks.  Each block will be 5  1/2 inches square when completed.



Then sewed all of my blocks together in a row and put a 2 inch red Poinsettia boarder on.

From there I painted 18 mini clothespins gold.  You can paint them any color, but I wanted something shinny.



When they were dry, I carefully sewed the backside of the wire to the quilt.  I then used fabric glue to keep them straight and even.  It is a fun project that will last for years.  Total size is:  10" X 48"

Happy Quilting............Have a Great Day!





Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: