Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Perennial Garden






I have finished my Perennial quilt.  It was well worth waiting for my machine to come and get set up.  I practiced on the machine before attaching the quilt to the frame and all was well.  I think this machine is working good, (knock on wood)  I decided to call this one  "My Perennial Garden".  It sure was time consuming, but well worth it.  I really like this one.  I pinned the quilt, batting and backing onto my frame,and started quilting.



When finished, I removed it from the frame and trimmed the sides.  I already had my binding cut and press ready to go.  So all I did was pin it to the quilt and then sewed it on by hand using the back stitch.

SO HERE IT IS.....MY PERENNIAL GARDEN....


.

I made a sleeve for the back and used some scrap material that was left over from the top, and made a label for the back.  Sewn them on by hand and it is now complete and hanging in my living room above the sofa.  The finished size is:  45 1/2" X 45 1/2".

If anyone is interested in applique blocks, let me know.  I will try to help you.  Have a Great Day.



Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: