Thursday, June 16, 2011

Second half of the Kaleidoscope

For those of you following along with the making of a Kaleidoscope Quilt here comes the next steps.  I have now got all my fabric cut and am starting to sew the pieces together.  




Going by the picture above, I alternate each piece with a striped then a plain tan.  First join two then sew those two together.  When you have two sets of four, then join them.  I have found in doing these, to clip the points and keep the seams pressed toward the striped piece, neatly.  I am pressing all the time.  When the eight pieces are all together, it should lay completely flat.

Shown below are two completed, one light and one dark:


Next I will add the corners on each and then squared them to an exact 11 1/2" square.  See next diagram:



The one on the left has the corners just sewn on, and the one on the right was squared to a perfect 11 1/2" square.  Now, I need to sew 36 of these all together.

My next blog I will have them all sewn together, and add the boarders.  Hopefully this will not take long.  If there are any questions, please feel free to ask me.

Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: