Thursday, June 30, 2011

My Perannial Bag

Check this out.....I had extra fat quarters left over from my Perannial Collection that I made my Perennial quilt top with.  Sooooo, I decided to make myself a small bag. 



It is 11" X 11" and because I was making it for myself, I made three pockets on the inside instead of just one.  The first one measures:  3 1/2" X 7".  This one is for pens, or crochet needles.  Then I made a small one beside it that measures:  3 1/2" X 4".  I figure for smaller items, such as scissors, pins, clips etc.  Then on the other side a large pocket measuring:  6 1/2" X 9".  To hold, well, whatever.



I had made my first bag when we were living in FL.  We went down there to see our second grandson be born and to help out.  Anyway, I had only been quilting for about 1 year and was picking up quilting magazines and reading whatever I could to learn more.  I ran into a magazine with this pattern for a large tote and decided to give it a try.  There were 3 quilt shops where we were staying that were to near us.  So off to the stores I went.  I found this bright Florida print and knowing I would not be staying in FL, I thought it would be a reminder of different things we did while in FL.  I found making this bag was easy.  The total measurement is:  15" X 14" with only one pocket, that was on the outside.



I have now made a total of 10 different size bags.  All were made of different fabrics, patters, and all are unique in their own way.  I  made one of stirps, some were of squares, some diamonds patterns, different blocks I had left over, etc.  I even made a real neat one in spots for a good friend of ours in VA.  She collects anything that has spots.  My mother likes the pinks and greens.  Below is a picture of the one I had made my mother and another friend of mine.



Unfortunately, I did not get to take pictures of the other bags that I had made  Sure wish that I did. Sometimes I just get so involved I forget the little things.  NOT GOOD!!

My advise.....to anyone that would like to make a quilt bag but is unsure.  I say "Go for it"  you will be glad that you did.  They are fun to make and there are so many different patterns and themes to choose from.  So go ahead and give it a try.  BUT...DON'T forget to take pictures!!!!

Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: