Thursday, January 12, 2017

Making a Quilted Clock

What time is it?
That's easy......

IT'S ALWAYS QUILTING TIME!


It all started when I needed a clock in my room and couldn't find exactly what I wanted.   Sooo decided to make my own.  I purchased the inners and hands at our local Walmart. 


From there I drew different sewing items to be my numbers.


I made a tape measurer, needle and thread, 2 spools of thread,


Pin cushion, scissors, buttons, rotor cutter, and an iron.
(I did use the numbers 3, 6, 9, and 12.)


For the center, I made a Singer sewing machine.
After all the appliques were on, I did some embroidery work.  I made the thread in the needle, thread on the machine and the word Singer.


I then embrodered
"Time to Quilt"
I sewed 4 triangles (one to each corner) then added the sides.
Next I cut batting and backing and quilted in a grid pattern.
When it was completed, my husband added a backing to make it sturdy.  Then put the clock box on the back and the hands.

Wah Lah,  I got a clock!



Now that I have your attention, let me tell you about the next hop.
"A Fresh Snow"

(Here in West TN it has been in the 60's all week.  Would you believe we actually reached 74° on Christmas day?  I kinda miss the snow.)

Anyway, it is going to be a fun hop.  Lots of prizes, ideas AND snow!
Starts January 20th


Go see Marion,  
for the full schedule.
Hope to see you all there.
Till then...

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!!







2 comments:

Grandma said...

This awesome. I have been looking for a clock with sewing theme, there are some but too small. I will now make my own, thank you!

Needled Mom said...

That is fabulous!!