Saturday, August 27, 2016

Delectable Mountains

I don't know about anyone else, but my summer is going way too fast, or is it?   Now, I must admit I like the sun, vacations, shore, etc.  Even the hot sunny days, 
but this Humidity!
Well,  it's got to go!  (I don't know about where you live, but it has been extra hot here.) and I am SOOOO ready for Fall!

One good thing, I have been doing a lot of quilting (staying in the air).  I have even been making Christmas presents.  
(Just trying to think cool, lol) 


I was wandering, have you ever saw this pattern?   
"The Delectable Mountains" 
by Scrappy Mountains Majesty's

The ladies in our club got together and made this quilt together.

It is actually an easy block to make.  The perfect strip quilt block.

You start with two 10 inch blocks and make 2 HST's with them. Then cut in strips to make two opposite blocks.




Now, I am sorry, I cannot go into detail  because, well, I don't want to get into trouble with the designer.  You will have to buy the pattern.

I can say those two HST's will make 2 blocks. 


Ah, the fun part is how you put your blocks together.   There are so many variations.

I used blues, trees, and grays tone on tone fabrics.



This one is mine.  
It ended up 69" X  74"


Each ladies quilt was different. 










One person made a wall hanging.


Oh what fun we had that day.

But for now I am going to make myself a Chocolate Milkshake, and back to my machine I go.

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!!!




1 comment:

Needled Mom said...

I did my first Delectable Mountains a few months ago and LOVED it. Each of those is great.

Stay cool.