Thursday, June 25, 2015

My Favorite Spot to Sew!

Is it hot at your house?  It sure is here in Western Tennessee.  But, that is what summer is about, right!



Our garden is doing well, I picked our first tomatoes today.  (And ate one for supper) 


 Oh,  I love fresh vegetables in the summer.  We have been getting a lot of cucumbers this year.


I make my Dutch cucumber salad out of them.  Oh and we got our first green  pepper too.

This is the only time of year I don't do hand quilting.   It is way to hot to have a large quilt on my lap.  So I do my embroder work and needle turn appliqué.   

And I have just the spot to relax and enjoy the day while doing it.


I love sitting on my swing. 


(That is my "Crazy Sampler" quilt you see on the back of my swing .)

 I do most of my work there.  Between drawing, appliqué,  embroidery,  etc.

And I do enjoy the scenery.


So, where do you do your hand sewing?  Do you have a favorite spot?

Well, I think I am going to get my graft paper, pencil, cold drink and sit on my swing.  

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE! !