I want to thank Madame Samm and Pauline Francis for all coming up with this hop idea. It sure got everyones juices flowing, I am sure. Also for all their hard work putting it all together.
I can tell you what others "Super Power's" are, or what I feel they are, with no problem....but mine? Actually, that is another story. I thought and thought about this one.
1. I love to quilt
2. I love to design my own quilts, even if it is a design I seen, I must make it "me".
3. I love to draw and make my own applique
4. I love to add embroidery or other embellishments to my applique.
(I made this last fall, 62" X 62")
5. I love to make things fun, to bring a smile to others
6. I love to cook and try new recipes.
7. I love to bake and get creative.
8. I also am one to be neat. When we got married I was always teased by my in-laws, "everything in it's proper place". But my husband grew to like it fast.
I had a problem on my hands..... I never thought I had any Super Powers. I am just plain Jane. It is funny how you can see so much in others but not yourself. So, I got my family involved with this one. Then my husband came up with my addiction to "Chocolate".
I drew what I wanted, traced it onto off white fabric and got out my Crayola Crayons.
After I colored it in (which I can say that is not my super power for sure. I always had problems staying in the lines.) I pressed it in the fabric and then got out my embroidery floss.
Oh, it is coming along now.....
for the "Super Power" I used three threads, 2 black and 1 orange.
Oh he is coming along now....
Then I found this Great Shop on E-Bay and purchased this cute fabric:
I got just enough to use as a top and bottom boarder.
I was afraid to add to much for I didn't want to take away from my chocolate fellow.
After quilted, it ended up like this:
Ha, Ha, who would have thought anything less of an old "Hershey" Worker.
Well, now that you have seen mine...lets go see all the other "Super Powers"
that are being shown today.....
MONDAY APRIL 14
Don't stop there
You definitely don't want to miss the rest...
TUESDAY APRIL 15
WEDNESDAY APRIL 16
THURSDAY APRIL 17
FRIDAY APRIL 18
MONDAY APRIL 21
Hay, I got a giveaway this time....First, let me tell you about this Great shop I found on e-bay. I spoke to the owner, Cathy Dettlaff numerous times. She has all different designs of fabric, the unique patterns to make your project pop! She has the coolest batting, it is really thin. Perfect for table toppers, wall hangings, etc. I love it!!! She also has all kinds of notions and books.
Best part is that she has given me a 1/2 yard cut of the candy print to giveaway:
To make it more fun....she also gave me a pack of her batting (35" X 46")
SO.... There will be 2 .... yes, 2 ..... names picked, one for the fabric and one for the batting.
1. All you need to do is leave me a comment. Which item would you like? (I hope you are a follower but if not, that is OK too.)
2. For a second entry, (if you wish), go to Cathy store on E-Bay, let me know what you liked best. Oh, if you wish, I am sure she would love to hear from you also.
On Tuesday, April 22nd, I am going to announce two winners. As you know, I do use Random.org and I am honest as to which it picks. SO PLEASE... MAKE SURE I CAN CONTACT YOU!
HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!