Monday, September 2, 2013

Best Friends House Rules

Did you ever make a Picture Quilt?  You can put anything on fabric sheets.  Letters, Signatures, Labels, Flowers, oh and PICTURES of ANY kind!

As many know, my son and his fiance moved down here to TN near us.  (we were ecstatic) anyway, I made them a special wall hanging for their new home.  You see they have two adorable dogs.

Let me introduce you to Delia:


And Morgan:



They are definitely the best of friends. I just had to make something special for them all.

I had taken lots of pictures and had to pick the best 2........now everyone knows a dog will not exactly sit still for you to take there picture, much less that perfect picture you are hunting for.  But I think I got them.  I cropped, sharpened, edited, etc. and then put the pitcures on a frame.  




Then drew what I wanted to make and the size....and made patterns:



I found the rules from one of my "friends" on facebook.  not sure which one....but I thought they were cute,  So I took each of their pictures and added 2 rules:


I added the letters and bones with Steam a Seam II and then machine appliqued them on using monofilament thread so not to be seen.  Being on a white background, I used a beautiful multi colored batik for the letters. 


Don't they look so innocent?

After I got all my applique sewn on, I added my boarder, layered and quilted.  I outlined all the appliuqe and then the pictures.  Then quilted in the ditch around the frame.  



 Total size is:  25" X 28"


Picture quilts are great.  I love designing them.  Hunting for the right picture, the perfect frame for it, the background, etc.  You can do so many different things.  With some imagination....Anything is possible!!


HAY, EVERYONE READY FOR THE NEXT HOP???
WELL YOU BETTER, NOT MUCH TIME LEFT:



HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!

Until then:

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!

                                               

To get special designed quilts or to see my gallery, check out my site at: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: