Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Making Quilt Labels



How do you make labels for on the back of your quilts?  Do you make each one different, or to match the quilt, or do you have a regular style for all?

Most all my labels I like to put the name of the quilt, date it was made, my name and where I live.   Here are a few of my labels.  Some  are plain, but to the point.




Other times I like to add applique to match the front of the quilt.  Such as these:





Here is one that I made for on the back of my daughters Wedding Wall hanging.  I wrote a special poem with a hand applique dauphin.

.

On my 1930's Replica quilt, I drew all my pictures, then colored them in, and embroidered the outlines of the pictures.  So for the label, I did the same.




This is one I put on my Brother and his wife's "Rose" quilt.




Then there is the poem I placed in back of a baby quilt.  




This went on a quilt for a young man that loves his music.




I also made one with a fabric envelope, inside the name of the quilt, etc.  But also washing instructions and small pieces of the fabric that was used on the quilt.


R


However you make your label - have fun with it.  Remember, this is your signature on your quilt.  So make it you!

AND on that note....Are you thinking CHRISTMAS yet?  You should, cause it won't be long and it will be time for the Christmas Blog Hop

That's right, starting July 30th thru August 5th I am going to be in a Blog Hop with Leslie Carruthers of "The Cuddle Quilter" and Madame Samm of "Sew WE Quilt" along with many other quilters.  


                                   Welcome to our Christmas

You will find blocks with Santa's, Snowmen, etc.

                                             The Christmas trees can be

There will be all kinds of Red and Green blocks, tutorials and oh, yes, "GIVEAWAYS".  I myself will be having a giveaway of fabulous Christmas Fat Quarters.  (My blog will be August 1st)      SOOO, Come join our Blogs and don't miss out on any of the fun!



                                            Christmas Mickey Mouse


Until then.....HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!!


Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

4 comments:

Bonny said...

Such beautiful quilt labels :)
Thank you for sharing how to make them!

Lesley said...

What a wonderful tutorial on labels! You have some great ideas...loved the envelope one! And so excited to see the promotion for the Think Christmas blog hop. Tomorrow is Day Three and we get to see your creations! Can't wait! See you at the hop!

grandmarockton said...

Wonderful ideas on labels THANKS

Jeanne Gwin said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful. Congratulations on your first "hop" and I am already a follower of your blog. Hugs,