When I first seen this on the cover of American Patchwork & Quilting magazine, I thought it was so neat. I dug and dug into my scraps to find just the right fabrics that would go together.
Then I re-drew the quilt on graft paper shrinking the blocks down to 4 inch QST and changing the center and corner blocks.
I then proceeded to make my flower appliques. I put my two sides on and placed the flowers where I wanted them and machine appliqued them in place with monofilament thread.
I made all my blocks and carefully sewed all together matching all points and trying not to get 2 the same prints together.
I machine quilted in an all over pattern. For the binding, I cut 10 inch strips from each of my fabrics that I used. I hand sewn them on with the blanket stitch. My total size is 55" X 55"
Anyone interested in this quilt, it will be posted on my site for sale. Thanks for looking...
HAPPY QUILTING....HAVE A GREAT DAY
Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com