Thursday, May 26, 2011

Something New

I am starting to make a new quilt using the Perennial  fabric by Eleanor Burns.  I got 20 fat quarters in her shop in Paducah last month and decided to make something different.  I seen a book on small appliquéd blocks.  My first impression was that I could sew the block together without appliqué and save time.  But the more I thought about it, I decided why not give it a try.  I made some simple blocks for the base. Then did some fussy cutting and placed either triangles, squares, etc. on the original block.  Then I hand appliquéd them onto the block to make it look neat and precise.  The colors are perfect together.  I did add a deep mauve color to set the blocks off.   These blocks take a lot of time, but are perfect handwork to take with you.  I have been enjoying the Spring weather, sitting on my porch swing, taking my time sewing .  I am still making blocks, so not sure exactly how I will put them together.  This is just one of many projects that I have going at this time. I will post my progress as I go.

Check my website gallery for more selections: http://janesquilting.com

No comments: